Friday, May 21, 2004

Public Enemy #1 and other things

Well, It was an interesting day at work. One of my calls this morning was from a guy that asked me to speak up and when I did, apparently thought that I was being rude to him. There's a couple things that was brought up that I can't talk about here because they are work related, but the bottom line is that I ended up with a long weekend because I wouldn't call him back and apologize for apparently offending him.

I was told that I did nothing wrong as far as the supervisors could tell, but if I didn't call him back, I would be suspended till Tuesday. I once again stated that I did nothing wrong and took the weekend.

I'm not angry, relieved is more of it, just for the fact that I got a few days off and while the cash is good, it's not worth it to say I did something wrong when I did not. I'm wrong enough that I don't have to take the heat for things I'm not wrong about.

I'm mostly disappointed that after two years, that I wouldn't have the support of the people there to back me up. I guess that's what happens when you piss off "The Clique". I made the mistake of actually standing up for myself and we can't have that, so let's knock him down a few pegs. If anyone from there is reading this,
remember, Karma's a bitch, and I'll sleep well tonight. I'll even get a chance to sleep in on Saturday.

--Just finished the second season of the West Wing last night and If there is a better drama on television, I don't know what it is. The worse part is it's going to be at least 8 months before Season 3 comes out. I've said it before but I think that the best hour on television was/is the season end episode Two
Cathedrals
. When Martin Sheen (playing President Bartlett) starts "ranting" at God in Latin, it can send a chill down your spine.

--Speaking about chills, This past Monday night on RAW, when The Rock's music hit, it was obvious that it was going to be a moment. Him and Eugene made for a "Must-see TV" moment, even if you are not a wrestling fan. The WWE needs to keep Rock under contract no matter what the cost. In 15 minutes, He made Nick "Eugene" Dinsmore a star.

--I've got judgment Day downloaded but I haven't watched a lot of it yet. Looks like I got some time this weekend, so I'll take care of it. I'm not looking forward to it, but I'll at least watch John Cena, Mordacai and the main event.

--I upgraded my internet yesterday as well to a 5mbit connection. It pretty much doubled my speed.Before and After. It seems to working great, let's hope it stays that way.

No comments: