Saturday, March 12, 2005

Vacation Afternoon

-It was bound to happen. The Telegraph Journal has a front page story about the "fad" of Texas Hold Em, basically outing bars in the Saint John area that have been running poker tournaments. The Atlantic Lottery Commission is threatening to pull VLT's out of any bar that lets people play. That will last right up until they can figure out a way to get a cut. I'm not usually one for Goverment regulation, but they should allow the bars to run games, for smaller prizes, to make up for some of the money lost to the smoking ban

-Speaking of Poker, played a couple of games last night at Carrie's. The first game didn't last long, as John played power poker with decent hands, leaving me with second place. The second one lasted longer, with me getting knocked out first to Tara's miracle queen on the River...I was the dealer for a while, then decided to buy back in for 5 bucks and ended up taking second place again, ending up $5 bucks down for the night.

-Oh, yeah I'm on vacation.

-The Times and Transcript's Sleuth is reporting that the next big concert for the moncton Coliseum may be Pearl Jam...just a second, I think I just heard willie fall to the floor

No comments: