Wednesday, August 04, 2004

The Mother of all Updates

-So I went to the poker tournament last week in Chatham head. I wasn't the first man out, so I consider it a win. Although I didn't win anything., it was an experience

-A couple of new links, including the link to Trillion and the site that I kill a lot of time with at work, Tech Comedy

-So I have to start paying my student loan, Not that big a deal, I knew this day is coming. They were supposed to take the money on the 1st. Tonight, the money is still sitting in the account. To top it off, I get a phone call from the national bank, wondering where my payment is. In my very sarcastic voice. "It's still in my bank account, waiting for you to take it".

-I think I am to the point of disliking stupid people. I'm beginning to use my LART ( (l)user attitude re-adjustment tool) even more often then usual. Actual call today (My part in red):

"Yeah I was supposed to call 611"
"OK, you called 611 and they tranfered you to me" (Stupid, but not out of the ordinary)
"No, I didn't know how to dial 611, so I called you. How do I dial 611?"
(My head meets the desk at a slowly increasing speed)"You dial 6-1 and then 1"
"Oh Ok thanks" (disconnects call)

One of my co workers says "I love it when you get sarcastic without getting sarcastic"

-I'm beginning to thinh the official language of my workplace is "answering questions correctly and honestly, but the answer having nothing to do with the question asked"

-Who will have a contract first, the NHL or Aliant?

-Looks like there is a spot opening on my Fav. radio station...Oh you thought I meant the Sludge? No, fool, The Fan 590 out of Toronto, as some major changes are coming down. it’s looking like Gord Stellick will move to the mornings to partner with Don Landry. Chuck Swirsky could be the afternoon replacement for Stellick. In the drive-home slot, 590 has finally canned Damien Cox. McCown will likely have rotating guest hosts instead of a regular partner.

-Looking forward to the parties at Carrie's on Saturday night, I might even have a beer or two :)

No comments: