Monday, August 30, 2004

Listening to Primetime

- I was not one of these people who thought that Canada did a horrible job at the Olympics. 12 medals for this country is good, espically for the Summer Olympics. I have no problem with the amount of money that we give Amatuer Athletes. If they want more, lets do something like having a "top-up" at some of the great corporate citizens, like if you go to Sobey's and the bill comes to 21.59, let's bump it up to 22.00 and give the overage to the athletes.

-I bought the Sons of Maxwell's new album "Sunday Morning". It's what you would expect from the boys, which is good but not great. It will get a spot in my stereo for a while.

-Who will get a contract first? Aliant or The NHL? Leave your thought on the tag board.

- The Halloween party is apparently in the planning stages. Now when it comes to the costume I will wear; I have no idea.

-I am just about a month away from Vacation...I go from October 2 to October 8 (Go shorty, It's my birthday) but with some creative scheduling, I don't have to go back untill the 12. I know that Dave is going to be in the province for some of that time, so I'm hoping to make it down to moncton to see him. Maybe go to F-city to hang around with the kid brother, we'll see.

-Speaking about F-city, it along with Saint John is going to get a visit from the boys of Great Big Sea. I'm a little disapointed that Northren New Brunswick is not getting a show, but that may be another reason to hold off and go down for the show.

-Speaking of GBS, Saw the new Video for "Shines Right Through Me", Who are the extra two guys and why is Sean Mccann wearing a cowboy hat? I know the drummer (Kris Macfarlane) was on tour with Crush, so have they added someone new or was it just a guy to fill in a spot in the video.

-I'm writing this post using Mozilla Spacephoenix, thanks to a plug-in in Firefox. The plug in renames the browser everytime that you open a new window. Totally useless, but fun. I don't think that I've done a full review of Firefox yet, and I won't tonight, but everyone should at least give it a try. IE does a good job with Service Pack 2, as I have not recieved a pop-up in the few times that I use IE since the install.

-Leo Laporte is back on the air on Tech TV Canada. It's a great show for the computer novices amongst us. Check your local listings on your digital provider. If you don't have digital television. the shownotes are available here

-As I was sitting here, CIBC called and wanted to know if I was happy with my service. I am, and the one on the line told me that I could pay less interest if I change cards. HBC rewards are not enough to make me want to pay 9% more interest.

-Then I am calling Bell to have the movie networks removed from my Bell Expressvu. Since I have had them, I haven't watched more then 3 whole shows, "What a girl Wants", "Chris Rock- Never Scared" and "Lewis Black- Black on Broadway". It's just not worth it.

-The NAW are back on the block this week with the first Saturday Night Rampage. CD is back in the main event, this time teaming back up with Gregory Maines to take on Damien and Theron in a Steel cage match. If any of the old gang from RAW or the ICWF come by here, drop me a line. We are looking for people to join up

No comments: