Thursday, June 16, 2005

So, you want to shoot do you Cowboy?

-OK, The weather is starting to really piss me off. We have one really nice day followed by a week of just terrible stuff. It's summer people, and while I'm not a big fan of 35-40 degree days, a little sun would be nice.

-I did something that I haven't done in a really long time. I bought a pay per view. It was ECW One Night Stand, and let me tell you it would have been a bargain at half the price. Great matches, although the Benoit/Eddie match did leave something to be desired. The one thing that it had more then anything was emotion. From the opening when Joey Styles came to the ring to the ass kicking of Eric Bischoff by the ECW group, it was worth it. I hope there is more ECW on the way.

-I've also seen The Road Warrior DVD, that chronicles the career, lives and death of what I think is the best tag team I've ever seen. I know that is supposedly sacrilege for a Canadian wrestling fan to say that, with the Hart Foundation right there, but I guess it's the same reason that I was always more of a Shawn Michaels fan then a Bret Hart one, but that's a rant for another time. So far I've just made it through the main program, with a disc and 1/2 full of extras left to go. They were just a pair of Badasses that looked like they could kick their ass. Face Paint and spikes, "Snack on Danger, Dine on Death", What a Rush. A power tag team is just what the WWE needs right now, but with Triple H making sure no one looks better then him, it's not going to happen.

They took a lot of what made The Road Warriors great and made Goldberg with it. Batista could very well have done that, but I have a distinct feeling that the Hell in a Cell match at Vengeance is going to end with Triple H and the gold once again.

-Went and saw Batman Begins last night. It was the best "Comic Book" movie I've seen and that's coming from a guy that liked the Spiderman Movies. It was what an origin movie should always be, tells the story of a guy and why he is doing what he is doing. Everyone must see this movie.

No comments: