Saturday, July 09, 2005

That's Simply Incredible!!

So it's been a while since I brought the content so lets do some updating.

  • I really like Digg. It's like a tech news/lifestyle site that all the way user driven. If you like a story you "Digg" it and if it gets enough Diggs it's placed on the front page. It's another one of those finds from @.com. Digg also has it's own podcast called diggnation that goes over the weeks best stories. It's been added to TWIT as my weekly downloads.
  • Those downloads are going to get much easier with my latest purchase from e-bay. I have purchased a Laptop. I have been thinking about one for a while and then Tara got one from e-bay as well. I was pricing them from Dell and it just was not going to happen for a very long time. So I went to e-bay and saw this It's about a $2500 laptop that I picked up for about $850 Canadian. I was all over that. It should be here on Monday, so I'm going to head to walmart today with Matt Stewart and we're going to pick up a router so I can then be wireless through out the house and yard with it. I can't wait.
  • On the Poker scene, I played 2 nights this week. Wednesday night back at the King's, I ended up second in the first game and won the third game, putting me up about $35 for the night. On Thursday night I took in the tournament at The Tide. I got knocked out when we were at 4 tables, I just played more hands then I should have. Shawn Hubbard took town the tournament for a decent amount of cash (sidebets, just incase the ALC is reading this) as well as wings/fries/Onion Rings for 10 from the bar. This weekend is the regular Saturday night game at the King's followed by a possible appearance at the Tide's Sunday tournament. This time is for a HUGE but very nice Hold'em table top. If I won it, I don't know what I'd do with it, but it would be nice to have. Add all of that to my appearances on PokerMountain and PokerStars and I'm throwing a lot of cards lately.
  • Thursday night wasn't a total loss, as I ended up taking $180 out of the machines at Gators, with a row of red hot 7's. There's the money for my Router.
  • Another E-bay find. Missy Higgins- The Sound of White. It's a great Singer/songwriter album that I heard on my Launchcast station and it interested me enough to head to her official site. There was enough on the site to interest me in the record, so I got it off e-bay. One song that I love is called "Scar". Just a great album
That's about all that's going on. If you arrive here from the "Next Blog" button, feel free to sign the guest book or Tag board and check out some of the links on the side.

No comments: